Aerobic Gram-Positive bacteria–
- Corynebacterium species
- Staphylococcus oureus
- Staphylococcus epidermidis
- Streptococcus pneumoniae
- Streptococcus (Groups C/F)
- Streptococcus (Group G)
- Streptococcus viridons group
Aerobic Gram-Negative bacteria–
- Acinetobocter Iwoffii
- Haemophilus influenzae
- Serrotia morcescens
Levofloxacin also provides a promising treatment for other ocular infections including- Bacterial corneal ulcer, Blepharitis, Hordeolum & Perioperative condition.
Dosage & Administration
- Days 1 and 2: Instill 1-2 drops in the affected eye(s) every 2 hours while awake, up to 8 times per day.
- Days 3 through 7: Instill 1-2 drops in the affected eye(s) every 4 hours while awake, up to 4 times per day.
1.5% eye drop: Adults and children 6 years of age and older:
- Days 1 through 3: Instill one to two drops in the affected eye(s) every 30 minutes to 2 hours while awake and approximately 4 and 6 hours after retiring.
- Day 4 through treatment completion: Instill one to two drops in the affected eye(s) every 1 to 4 hours while awake.
Children <1 year: Safety and effectiveness of Levofloxacin below 1 year of age have not been established.